Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Eshani's "Daily Affirmation"

Everyone has different ways of getting "in-the-zone" for finals week. Some people exercise, some people pray, and some people just get very, very drunk. I, lacking the will-power, faith, and liver for any of these things, had to find an alternate method of motivation. Cue the viral video "Jessica's 'Daily Affirmation'" also known as "The Cutest Thing You Will Probably Ever Watch in Your Short Life".

With the advent of my first finals-inspired emotional breakdown of the week, I decided that maybe writing an affirmation of my own would calm the storm of eternal hopelessness currently raging in my head. At the risk of looking completely ridiculous, here goes nothing.

LOOK, I CAN BE A LAWYER. NOW, MY WHOLE LIFE IS GREAT, I CAN DO ANYTHING GOOD. I LIKE MY COLLEGE, I LIKE ANYTHING, I LIKE MY COUSINS, I LIKE MY AUNTS, I LIKE MY UNCLES, I LIKE MY MOM, I LIKE MY DAD, I LIKE MY BROTHER, I LIKE MY COFFEE, I LIKE MY HAIR, I LIKE MY OMBRE, I LIKE MY STYLE, I LIKE MY HERITAGE, I LIKE MY FEMININITY, I LIKE MY BRAIN, I LIKE MY YWOC, I LIKE MY ROOMMATE, I LIKE MY BEST FRIENDS. I. LIKE. MY. WHOLE. LIFE! MY WHOLE LIFE IS GREAT, I CAN DO ANYTHING GOOD. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. I CAN DO ANYTHING GOOD, BETTER THAN ANYONE, BETTER THAN ANYONE.
Me with some of the dumb people that make my life better

In all seriousness, I have a pretty fantastic life. I go to a school that I love (though it might be stressful at times), and I have some of the best support systems in the entire world in the form of my family, friends, comrades, and sistahs. I started out writing this post about to cry from the overwhelming stress currently going in my life, and I am finishing it about to cry from the overwhelming amount of love around me. To anyone else taking finals this week, best of luck to you and know that I'm sending good vibes your way. ♥

(P.S. Though this is my first post, it should be noted that it does not, in any way, set a precedent for any future sappiness on this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment