Monday, January 13, 2014

I Sold My Soul (To Google AdSense)

So in the pretty near future, this blog is going to undergo a few changes -- first of all, I'm actually going to start writing things again, and second (and more importantly), I'm going to start having sidebar ads. I know that I don't really have to justify this to whatever readership I have -- basically just the tangential network of people who stumble upon my writing on Facebook and Twitter -- but I felt morally compelled for whatever reason to justify my doing so. I don't want it to seem like the integrity or honesty of what I'm writing is going to be at all compromised by the fact that I am now attempting to earn some money for what I write, because I would never let that happen. In no way will the content of this project be affected by the ads, and by no means is anyone compelled to click on them or really even view them (AdBlock is a thing, y'all). As a college student with little disposable income, whatever money I can earn is helpful, and I would love to be able to earn it doing something that I enjoy. Even if that maybe makes me a minor sellout.

No comments:

Post a Comment